Laser Spine Treatment (PLDD)
Not All Spine Surgery Requires A Knife
Various techniques known as minimally invasive surgical procedures have been developed to enhance the efficacy and safety of surgical treatment.
The main goal of all of them is to minimise surgical complications and pain after surgery. The patient’s quick recovery is their common aim. Other advantages include the reduction of blood loss during the intervention, the decrease in in-hospital stay, the administration of pain killers, smaller incisions and the preservation of segment posterior mobility. Minimally invasive methods improve the spine’s architecture, cause less tissue damage, and have the lowest associated risk. Minimally invasive procedures come in a variety of forms.
The PLDD (percutaneous laser disc decompression) is a medical treatment that aims to improve the condition of small-to-medium hernias in the intervertebral disc using laser energy. The main goal is to lower intradiscal pressure in the nucleus pulposus to allow the herniated piece to rejoin with the disc, lowering nerve root compression, which reduces pain and improves patient mobility and quality of life.
To conclude, utilising laser energy to vaporise the aqueous content of the nucleus pulposus in the centre of the intervertebral disc is how this technique works. It is anticipated that since it is a minimally invasive treatment, there will be as little tissue damage (muscles, bones, ligaments and nerves) as feasible.
It’s a treatment that may be an option for various degenerative disc states, although it is more popular in lumbar disc hernias. At Nazeer Hospital, we have highly qualified PLDD surgeons to obtain a specialist’s viewpoint, book a consultation.
How PLDD is Different?
The Benefits Of PLDD
- PLDD allows relatively faster recovery of the patients.
- It is Processed under local anaesthesia.
- It is a safe and fast surgical technique, with no cutting and scarring.
- During laser spine treatment, only a tiny amount of disc is vaporised. Therefore no subsequent spinal instability during PLDD.
- Easily applicable to patients who are at higher risk to open discectomy, such as patients with diabetes, heart disease, decreased liver and kidney functions etc.
The Success Rate Of PLDD
Nazeer Hospital has a team of surgeons focused on innovative spine pain treatment with the PLDD technique. Our doctors focus on relieving your back pain & neck pain using the latest treatments, therapies, and non-surgical options.
Minimally Invasive Spine Procedure — A Better Alternative To Spine Disc Surgery
The goal of non-invasive spine procedure is to stabilize the vertebral bones and spinal joints by relieving the pressure applied to the spinal nerves due to herniated discs.
It is a new and better way for spine surgeons to offer treatment to those suffering from chronic conditions and pain, providing them with reduced risk and numerous health benefits.
Laseev – the latest system for minimally invasive spinal disc treatment.
- Unbalanced body posture and fewer physical activities are significant reasons for severe back pain!
- Approximately 40% of adults over age 40 have degenerative back pain. With time, this pain becomes chronic.
- The Protruding and herniated discs cause the worst pain, which may lead the patient to extremities.
- With the modern technology and latest laser system, we offer minimally invasive surgery for Percutaneous Laser Disc Decompression (PLDD).